European Master in Migration Studies (EuMIGS)
EuMIGS coordination office
Mert Pekşen, PhD
Building 02/ Room 313
Institute for Migration Research and Intercultural Studies (IMIS)
Seminarstraße 19 a/b
more information: www.eumigs.eu
The EuMIGS network represents a comprehensive selection of the most established and high-quality Master’s programs in Europe. The network involves 13 partner institutes in 10 European countries of which 7 are part of the Double Degree Master’s program. EuMIGS offers the opportunity to obtain a double degree in the field of Migration Studies or to spend a semester at a partner university as an EuMIGS Exchange Student.
The double degree program allows IMIB students to continue the second year of their Master’s studies at one of the partner universities in Europe. During this year, students attend courses and write their Master’s thesis. Supervisors generally come from both programs. Upon successful completion, students are issued a Master’s degree by both the host and the home universities.
Advantages of being an EuMIGS Double-Degree student
EuMIGS Double Degrees students pursuing IMIB Master’s at IMIS will spend their first year in Osnabrück and can choose one of the six partner universities participating in the program for their second year.
- At the end of your studies, you will receive two Master’s degrees without prolonging the duration of your studies;
- The EuMIGS Double Degree Master’s Program equips you with in-depth knowledge on sociological and cultural aspects of migration, the legal foundations, as well as on historical processes of migration
- This is a chance to explore your potential abroad and challenge yourself
- You will get to know and work with fellow students from abroad
- Your travel costs will be financially supported by the Erasmus Program
- You participation in workshops organized by EuMIGS partners and the IMISCOE Annual Conference will be financially covered by the EuMIGS network
- You can take part in a research project, an internship, skills training to bolster your CV
- You can improve your foreign language skills
- There is no bureaucratic hurdle to have ECTS earned abroad recognized.
EuMIGS Double-Degree Partners
Master’s in International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER) at Malmö University, Sweden
Master’s in Ethnic and Migration Studies at Linköping Universitet, Sweden
Master’s in Social Science with Specialization in Migration and Citizenship Studies at Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Master’s in Social Policies and Socio-Community Intervention (MOPS) at Universidade da Coruña, Spain
Master’s program Sociology with study extension program in Migration Studies at Paris Lodron University Salzburg, Austria
Master’s in Sociology with professional focus in Immigration Studies at University of Liège, Belgium
Questions? Join the information sessions:
- Info event for IMIB students on Wednesday, November 9th, 13:00 – 14:00 (11/116) --- Register here for further information: studip.uni-osnabrueck.de/dispatch.php/course/details
- EuMIGS info webinar on Monday, November 21st, 14:00 – 16:00 (https://liu-se.zoom.us/j/63225322613)
For more information, you may also contact the EuMIGS Coordinator, Dr. Mert Pekşen (firstname.lastname@example.org)